Thursday, January 19, 2006

My Poor Broken Vacuum

My vacuum is toast! And I'm not talking lovely whole grain toast slathered with peanut butter and gooey strawberry jam. No, my vacuum today decided that enough was enough, and instead of sucking up the dirt and gunk, it started SPITTING IT OUT! I actually yelped when that began - and I honestly can't remember the last time I yelped...it probably was humorous to my cats to see.

I was quite upset. I'm not exactly a fan of vacuuming, but when I do vacuum I want the vacuum's full cooperation. And I'm sort of attached to the silly thing. I had gone with my friend, Ev, to get it about 4 or 5 years ago at Costco. I have fond memories of buying that vacuum, and it's become a dusty friend to me.

My husband says it might just be clogged up, and that tonight we'll aim to get it back to its sucky ways. I hope so -- I don't even want to THINK of buying a new one. It seems disloyal somehow. ;) And...I'm terrified to think of my husband and I trying to do anything remotely HANDY - we're both such clutzes, we might come out with a few less fingers!

4 comments:

smbwallace said...

Glad to know someone has a relationship with their vacuum cleaner. I hate mine and it sure does hate me!

HappySlob said...

It lives! The vacuum lives! :) It was just a clog after all and then I went and vacuumed everything I could think of, just to show that vac how much I loved it. hehehe

Michele said...

Ugh! Our vacuum died too. We have had a love/hate relationship too :)

Ottersons said...

Hey, if you wnat some adavice, and your vacuum cleaner really does break down then get yourself a commcercial Simplicity vacuum cleaner. We went through a vacuum cleaner every year till we got this one and we have had it for 5 or so years. With 7 children (4 girls with looong hair) in our country home (funny farm), we are a big challenge for any vacuum cleaner so I know what I'm talking about. :-)