Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cleaning Floors Hints: Easiest Touch Ups for Floors

I discovered an unusual and really EASY new way to touch up spots on the floor that have gotten messy in between mopping. (Which my awesome husband usually does! hehe) If you have a small floor, this might work easiest to clean the entire floor, period.

At the dollar store I purchased some of those new static cleaning gloves. I think it's Swiffer that put out the brand name product, but I got mine at the dollar store for (you guessed it!) $1! They don't have any chemicals or anything on them - they're basically just light cotton cleaning gloves used for dusting.

What I tried was drenching the glove with my Very Vinegar cleaning spray, and then popping it on my hand and scrubbing at the messy bits of the floor.

Because the glove fits so easily on your hand, it seems that the job is a lot faster! You could also do this with an old pair of regular mittens or gloves and then just wash them after you've used them. :) Put one on both hands and you can really clean that floor fast! This is another one of those FUN CLEANING hints for kids -- they'll have a ball doing this...

Still don't have YOUR copy of the Happy Slob's Guide to Housecleaning? Get Yours today!

No comments: